- About Us
- What is Epilepsy?
- Camp Matty
- Events and Gallery
- Contact Us
Join us for Matty’s Memorial 5K on Saturday, May 28, 2016 in Quonset Business Park, North Kingstown. Race will start and end at Fat Belly’s Pub. Click here to visit our 5k race registration page to register, donate or create a team! or print a Matty’s 5k race flyer to register by mail
Welcome to The Matty Fund! We are proud to be Rhode Island’s leading resource for children, young adults and families living with epilepsy.
The Matty Fund provides family resources, raises epilepsy awareness, promotes patient safety and improves the quality of life for children and families living with epilepsy. The organization was founded in memory of Matthew Siravo who passed away from epilepsy May 11, 2003.
Epilepsy affects 3 million Americans and is the third most common neurological disorder. Nearly 200,000 new cases are diagnosed each year. One in every 100 Americans will experience a seizure at some point in their lives, while 3% will develop epilepsy.
Matty Fund earns gold seal as a 2015 TOP-RATED NONPROFIT by GREAT NONPROFITS
- The Westerly Sun 4/2/15: Matty Fund grant will aid VA Medical Center in epilepsy research, treatment
- The Providence Journal, 12/6/14: Helping R.I. families deal with epilepsy
- Boston Globe, 11/20/14: Governor marks Epilepsy Awareness Month
- WPRI-12, 11/19/14: November declared Epilepsy Awareness Month in RI
- Dan Yorke State of Mind, 11/19/14: The Matty Fund on State of Mind
Our MissionThe Matty Fund ® will provide family resources, raise epilepsy awareness, promote patient safety and improve the quality of life for children and families living with epilepsy
June 10 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
June 23 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
August 1 @ 8:00 am - August 4 @ 5:00 pm
August 7 @ 6:00 pm
September 17 @ 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
We are a Rite Aid KidCents Charity!