- About Us
- What is Epilepsy?
- Camp Matty
- Events and Gallery
- Contact Us
A Child I Care About Has Seizures
For Parents and CaregiversFamily Intake Sheet: Click Here to join The Matty Fund® family. The Matty Fund Epilepsy Resource Center helps Parents and Caregivers face the daily challenges of having a child living with epilepsy. Many parents are so overwhelmed and scared when their child is first diagnosed with a seizure disorder, epilepsy. Many parents describe a diagnosis of epilepsy as life changing for the entire family. Parents and caregivers have so many questions and concerns – here are some of the most common:
- What causes the seizures?
- Will the medication prescribed control the seizures?
- Will my child be on medicine for the rest of his/her life?
- What are the side effects of the medicine and how will they impact my child’s quality of life?
- How will the seizures and medications impact my child’s development and progress in school?
- What resources are available to help me advocate for my child?
- Are we getting the most out of our visits with my child’s doctors?
- Are there alternative treatments when medications do not work?
- Will my child be isolated and ostracized by others, especially his/her peers?
- How can I help my child be safe when he/she is away from home?